15 January 2009

"i will have poetry in my life, and adventures, and love. love above all. no, not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening. but love that overthrows life. unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture."
-shakespeare in love

"you don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. you learn to take life as it comes to you...to make each day count."
-titanic

"It's the possibility that keeps me going...and though you may call me a dreamer or fool or any other thing, I believe that anything is possible."
-the notebook

"The great blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it."
-Seneca

"for a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin- real life. but there was always some obstacle in the way, some unfinished business. at last it dawned on me that this was my life. there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way."
-souza

"some people say that the ground falls away beneath you...but with me it was if i suddenly knew it was there. it was as though i could feel the entire planet right there beneath the souls of my feet."
-the best man

"the best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."
-the notebook

"it's the sense of touch. in any real city you walk, you know? you brush past people, people bump into you. in LA, nobody touches you. we're always behind this metal and glass. i think we miss that touch so much that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."
-crash

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
-albert camus

can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.
— Sylvia Plath

1 comment:

  1. wow. your blog is actually amazing.
    I love it, and the quotes!
    Loved the Notebook ♥

    ReplyDelete