14 January 2009

they left me completely numb.

I know it hurts. That's life. If nothing else, It's life. It’s real, and sometimes it fuckin’ hurts, but it's sort of all we have. - Garden State



Fuck, this hurts so much.

I need you to give me the chance to take you for granted.




"We may not be as happy as you always dreamed we would be, but for the first time let's just allow ourselves to be whatever it is we are and that will be better. OK? I think that will be better."




If you thought that was our second chance, you're wrong. It was our last.




You look different today.




I forgive you.




Things fall. Things change. They wait a year and do it again. You don't need to fall to change.




Watching you. While you watch me. Watching back.




You'll feel a slight pinch. And then an eternity of bliss.




Talk. You need to tell the people around you what's on your mind.




"why are you trying so hard to fit in- when you were born to stand out?"




"you are the reasons i am. you are all my reasons."




"And then I felt sad because I realized that once people are broken in certain ways, they can't ever be fixed, and this is something nobody ever tells you when you are young and it never fails to surprise you as you grow older, as you see the people in your life break one by one. You wonder when your turn is going to be, or if it has already happened."




"Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel always. Be you, and be okay with it."




"it's possible to forget how alive we really are. we can become dry and tired, just existing, instead of really living. we need to remind ourselves of the juice of life, and make that a habit. find those places inside that jump for joy, and do things that bring out your best, most magic self."






Sometimes the words you struggle with most, are quick easy words, the ones that really mean something, that leave a sting in your heart and a burn in your eyes, those are the words that are struggled to voice, those are the words that really matter.




You know how you hurt me, and it goes through you, like salt and sugar, it mixes so easily into the rest of your life that i question if you ever cared. i will forgive you, if you show me a new world, that i can't find alone.




found the pictures and quotes along my travels of the infinite abyss, the last two writings are my own. sorry i can't remember specifically the sources!

2 comments:

  1. These are all absurdly wonderful and lovely and poignant. And now I want to go watch Garden State again.

    Thank you for the wonderful comment, love, it means the world to me.

    I hope you're well.

    xo
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and the writing but i think that each post is a little long... try condensing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete